Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leather Hog Tie (Red)


Red. Leather. Shiny metal clasps. That, to me, is the perfect recipe for creating a happy, healthy, tied-up kinky girl.

So I'm not afraid to admit that when I saw this gorgeous red leather hog tie from Kinklab, my instant response was the very thoughtful, very articulate, "Ooooh, gimmie!"

And, to be honest, my response became even more articulate and thoughtful once I had the chance to play with these. Something along the lines of, "Oooh. Oh. Oh. Wow. Good. Yes. Good."

Now that I've had a few weeks to play with said toy -- and to get my brain back -- I am going to tell you exactly what I love so much about this toy. And I'm going to do something I rarely, if ever, do. I'm going to tell you that if you like kink, like being tied up, or like to tie people up, then drop your hard-earned money on this bad boy as soon as you can afford to.




Here's why:
  1. The leather is gorgeous and thick and strong as hell. So is the hardware. Big, solid rivets and clasps mean this sucker isn't going to break, rip, tear or fall apart anytime soon. If you're tied up with this, you are not going anywhere. And it feels like you're not going anywhere. If the sensation of being helpless is part of your BDSM enjoyment, then this hog tie will definitely hit your hot buttons in that way.
  2. Along with that -- if part of your BDSM enjoyment is looking at your partner while he or she is all trussed up, then this is also a good choice. Because it's such a pretty red (not at all pinkish or orangeish) and because the hardware is so big and shiny, it's visually very appealing. It's not dainty, by any means, and if you prefer your submissive wrapped in lace, you probably won't like the appearance of this. Otherwise, just one word. Hot.
  3. It's incredibly easy to use. The O-ring in the middle is big enough that you can move the straps to a number of angles, the three-inch arms give just the right amount of reach, and the crab-claw styled hooks at the end mean you can hook almost anything to this hog tie. All three sets of my cuffs work on it. So does my collar with the D-ring in the front. That means you can use this as a traditional hog tie (person in their belly with hands and feet up in the air), or the person can be on his/her back or the tie could be hooked to any combination of ankles/neck collar; wrists/neck collar; two sets of wrists; two sets of ankles; on and on and on. It's delightful in its variety.
  4. It's also incredibly easy to clean and care for. The leather seems stain-resistant, even to lube, although I'm not sure how that's possible. But everything seems to wipe off it really easily without sinking in (a damp cloth is a good option). And the hardware is just as easy to keep clean and shiny (I use a little water and vinegar). 
I'm sure this toy has flaws, but I haven't found them yet. I'm just going to have to keep playing around with them, of course, just to see if I can find any. In the meantime, if you need me, I'll be busy. Tied up, as it were. In a pretty twist of red and metal.



IN A NUTSHELL

PROS: Gorgeous. Versatile. Strong. Near Perfect.

CONS: I'm sure there are some... I'm still looking.

OVERALL: 5Ms

0 comments:

Post a Comment